Welcome to the online abstract submission site for the
AHNS 11th International Conference on Head and Neck Cancer
"Welcoming Back the World: Striving for Innovation, Quality, Compassion, and Collegiality"
July 8-12, 2023
The Palais des congrès
Montréal, QC Canada
Wednesday, March 22, 2023 - 5:00 PM EDT
The Scientific Program Service and Scientific Review Committee will be responsible for selecting oral and poster presentations. Oral presentations will be presented throughout the main scientific session and a short video may be incorporated into an oral podium presentation. Accepted abstracts may be published in the Final Program, on the AHNS website and on the JAMA Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery website.
- You may not submit abstracts/data or updated versions of abstracts/data that were already submitted for the initial Call For Abstracts for the AHNS 11th International Conference on Head and Neck Cancer
- No Previously Published/Presented Submissions (Encore Abstracts): The abstract submitted must present original work that has not and will not be presented prior to the AHNS 11th International Conference on Head and Neck Cancer.
- No Previously Published Submissions/No Submissions Under Consideration For Publication: The abstract submitted must present original work that has not and will not be published or presented prior to the AHNS 11th International Conference on Head and Neck Cancer, and is not currently under review for publication except by permission from the AHNS Program Chair. The exception to this rule is that a manuscript may be submitted to JAMA Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery for special meeting related consideration only after the abstract has been accepted by AHNS for presentation. Manuscripts may not be submitted to any journals for consideration until after AHNS abstract acceptance notification. If the manuscript has been submitted to any journal prior to AHNS abstract acceptance notifications, the Abstract Submitter, Presenter and Senior Author will forfeit the privilege to submit, present, or be listed as an author on abstracts for the 2024 and 2025 AHNS Annual Meetings.
- Trials in Progress and Case Reports may be submitted
- Abstract submissions are limited to 500 words or less
- Images are allowed with abstract submissions. Images must be no larger than 1MB in file size, and no larger than 900 pixels wide by 900 pixels high
- No reference to the authors or the institution should appear within the body of the abstract or in the abstract title
- Abstracts can be edited until the submission site closes. After the submission site closes and the abstracts go into review, the content of the abstracts may not be edited in any way. Please make sure to proof read and double check your abstracts before submission. In addition, AHNS cannot update the content/text of your abstract to include new/updated data after acceptance notifications, although you will be allowed to include these updated findings in your actual presentation.
Authors are asked to choose the topic that best matches the content of their abstract:
- Cancer Biology
- Education/Care Delivery
- Endocrine Surgery
- Functional Outcomes/Quality
- Imaging and Screening
- Immunotherapy/Systemic Therapy
- Nasopharynx/Paranasal Sinus/Skull Base
- Oral Cavity
- Oropharynx/HPV Related Disease
- Radiation/Adjuvant Treatment
- Reconstruction/Microvascular Surgery
- Salivary Gland
- Skin Cancers
AHNS Policy on Owner/Employee of Ineligible Companies
The ACCME states "the owners and employees of ineligible companies are considered to have unresolvable financial relationships and must be excluded from participating as planners or faculty, and must not be allowed to influence or control any aspect of the planning, delivery, or evaluation of accredited continuing education, except in the limited circumstances outlined in Standard 3.2." Therefore, AHNS declares that no employees/owners of an ineligible company may present in AHNS CME accredited sessions.
Click here to view the ACCME’s definition of ineligible company, owner and employee.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions regarding AHNS Policy on Owner/Employee of Ineligible Companies.
Please visit the following web page for other rules, guidelines, and instructions:
ALL submitters MUST create a new account to submit an abstract. Accounts created in the past submission run will no longer work. (the link to create a new account is below the login box).